Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Training 5-11 October

The last week of training before heading over to Thailand. I also have a three day break up to Port Macquarie at the end of the week. I'll call that a short recovery break...

The training this week...

Monday:
PM) 14.5km easy (1:05) - good effort with 3k of climbing

Tuesday:
AM) 45min steady w/ 5k @ MP + 500m @ 10k
PM) 60min - 1k w/up, 3k Tempo + HILLS: 10x200 in 47-50sec + 5x100m in 25, 23, 23, 22, 22, 3k c/down.

Wednesday:
N) 40min steady w/ 5.4k tempo + 5x80m strides
PM) 75min steady
Had a good run at lunch but by the time the afternoon rolled around I wasn't in the best of states. Was going OK for the first 30 minutes before catching up with a mate but as we rolled along and the pace quickened my stomach quickly let me know that the rest of the run was going to be a slog. The last 20 minutes was spent in fartlek fashion where I would run as quickly as I could muster before the stomach cramps and desire to vomit forced me to a slow crawl. After about 60 seconds I would be ready to go again. I was never so happy to get back to the car.

Thursday:
AM) 50min easy (run to work)
N) Long interval session

Friday-Sunday:
I will be in Port Macquarie with the family for a friend's 40th birthday and while I am packing my running gear I'll be lucky to get out on the road. Perhaps Saturday and Sunday will see me getting out for a run. The rest might do me good though!

No comments: