Thursday, November 20, 2008

Training 17-23 November

Still trying to build my fitness back up. Starting to see some improvements there but still have a long way to go. Need to start getting into some long runs. Well that's the plan next week when my wife returns from her girl's long weekend away.

Monday:
Easy run - 13.4k (1:00)
Got out at lunch for two loops of the Nepean River Two Bridges route.

Tuesday:
Tempo run - 16.2k (1:11)
Went out after work. Ran a 2km warmup before running what was planned to be a long threshold session but after 6km, averaging about 4min pace I got bored and decided to throw in some faster running. Ran 2400m at ~3:45 pace as 1x1000m, 800m, 600m with a 200m jog. Finished up with a few 150m long strides to complete the session. Felt good immediately after stopping.

Wednesday:
Easy run - 10.1k (46:05)

Thursday:
Easy run w/ short speed - 10.35k (54:00)
Ran down to Glenbrook Oval and squeezed in 6x400m before the oval was in use. Planned on running around 80sec/400m but after the first I decided that I would try and make them progressively faster in 79, 78, 76, 74, 72, 71. Slower than when I ran them about 2 months ago when I averaged about 71 seconds for the session. On the way back home also threw in 5 x 100m hill sprints which completely wiped me out.

Friday:
Easy run - 15k (1:12)
Easy run out to the Whitewater stadium through the new development areas. Had a few stomach issues which have plagued me since eating some leftover Chinese.

Saturday:
Hilly run - 12.2k (56:40) - Mt Portal
With about an hour of opportunity available for a run I thought this would be a good one to test the hill legs. Boy was I right. I have plenty of work to do.


Sunday:
Rest day. Was planning on heading out for another run in the National Park this morning. Felt tired when I was woken up by my young fella and after seeing the gale force winds outside the window blowing the trees around I decided that running just wasn't going to happen. Save myself for tomorrow!

No comments: