Sunday, April 19, 2009

training mileage pb...

last week was full of challenges - getting sick, taking a few rest days and getting back into it to still come out at the end with a good week of running. but as i was looking at my training log during the weekend i added up the mileage and saw that i was on track to run my first training week (seven consecutive days) over 200 kilometres. i may have done it in the past but i can't remember as i am often sporadic in my record keeping. i'll claim this as my first...

none of my workouts are indicative of my form at the moment so my confidence going into north face is not high but i'm hoping that the steady training volume will give me the endurance to go the distance. another two or three weeks to build and a short taper to avoid feeling stale will hopefully leave me feeling strong and fresh on race day.

seven day summary:

7 days, 9 runs, 16:56 hours, 124.41 miles (200.22 kilometres), 5:04 average pace...

- no niggles, legs feel loose but tired with fatigue, lungs and sinus clearing... game on!

2 comments:

Sleep Train said...

Great work Shogun, consistency is the key ...

Scam Bullant said...

Sorry Sleep Train has it wrong again.

C+R=Imp.

None the less you seem to have both covered anyway. Big week.