Monday, November 16, 2009

chillin out at barrington




spent last weekend at Barrington Tops just chillin out with my wife...


friday walked with my wife for an hour up the steep driveway (10%+ grade) and back for an hour. after a marathon sleep my wife and i went for a 20km/4.5 hour walk in the national park which left us both feeling quite fatigued. sunday morning was our last bit of peace before picking up the kids and the photo above shows how i spent some of it. lying on the grass with my legs up looking at the sky... took the dog out for a run when i got home to show him some love...


back to the hill...


17/11/09 tuesday (total 24 km)

short hills (am)

a 5.30am start saw me heading down to glenbrook for some hill work. it was quite warm and humid and the session felt tougher than expected but happy to complete the 3km of climbing finishing faster as the session progressed. run at lunch still to come...

recovery run (pm): 8.55 km (42:14) - 4:56 pace

felt a little stiff and sore through the first two kilometres but loosened up and wanted to run quicker. i didn't give in though and kept the effort controlled.


18/11/09 wednesday (total 19.5 km)

steady run: 19.5 km (1:30) - 4:38 pace

during the start of the run my legs were feeling quite sore from yesterday's hill workout which made me happy that i pushed myself hard enough yesterday. unfortunately my legs didn't get any better or worse and with the heat it made for a tough run.

19/11/09 thursday

workout: 1min hard/30sec float

ran a tough session in the heat (41 degrees) but surprised myself running the hard segments at 3:30 down to 3:20 pace with the floats starting out at 4:20 pace but slipping to 4:40 pace over the final three repeats. legs felt amazing after...

20/11/09 friday

steady run: 7.2 km (29:45) - 4:08 pace + 5 x strides

i'm not sure if this was supposed to be a recovery session or not but it felt short (time) and my legs felt happier running at a slightly faster pace on the grass this morning. finished with my lower back feeling a little sore...

3 comments:

Brick said...

Hi Mate,

Just one question, how often do you use the five fingers?
Hope to catch up for a run soon if you dont mind slowing down to my speed.

Primal Runner said...

Hi Kevin,

I've only had them a few weeks and haven't run in them yet but plan to shortly. I would like to be able to wear them for my 40min recovery runs but will see...

I've done a far bit of walking in them though.

I'll enjoy running with you sometime soon.

Scam Bullant said...

They have to have more sole left in them than racing flats that have done 4000km!