Thursday, January 15, 2009

9 weeks to go...

Trying to get back into it this week. I've told people in the past that it takes me about 9 weeks to get myself into running shape. Hope I'm right this time.

It has been a hard week of running due to the high temperatures that we have been experiencing. Two days over 40 degrees Celsius and another in the high 30s have made some of the sessions much harder than they would have been otherwise.

I have had a couple of good sessions this week as I have caught up and run with some running buddies. The first of the week was a great hill session with Sean on Tuesday where we went to our secret training spot and proceeded to grind our way through 30 minutes of up and down. I was happy that I was running times close to what I did last time we were here and I even managed to finish up with two extra climbs. Awesome!!

This morning (Friday) I caught up with Simon for an early start. We headed down to the local track and knocked a couple of 400m repeats. Again not as fast as last time I was there but a good start all round.

This weekend I am planning on heading out with the Sleep Train in the National Park and I am really looking forward to it. The run planned is one of the coolest runs that I do when I am training for an event. It involves lots of steady climbing and I have been told that we will cover at around 37km. However by the time we get to the end of the planned run I'll still be over 10km away from my car. The Sleep Train is in good form so I may not be in the best of shape to go the extra distance but we'll see... maybe he'll take it easy on me!

No comments: