Monday, August 3, 2009

27 July to 2 August

what started as a head cold early in the week quickly turned into a full blown sinus infection by the weekend. the frustrating part though is that my legs were just starting to feel good and strong and i was contemplating having a good run at 12ft. not fast but still in the sub-11 hour range.

this week i took advantage of the local gym offer - $2 per day for 14 days and attended three RPM classes for the first time in over a year. I struggled through the first class but by the end of the week I was looking forward to the double class challenge on friday evening.

monday: am) 1h15 easy pm) 1h15 steady - total for the day was 33km
from memory i had two good runs and started was looking to be a promising week of training. i was still all fired up from watching Sleep Train at the Cities Marathon.

tuesday: am) RPM class + 10min steady run // noon) 1h20 steady run
first RPM class in over 12 months and it felt good to work hard.

wednesday: am) RPM class
left early from work as I was starting to feel sick.

thursday: noon) 1h run
still sick but headed out for a run anyway. It may have been longer but my memory is not so good.

friday: am) 1h run with intervals // pm) double RPM class
even though I was still feeling like crap in the head my legs were feeling good. Ran 9km in sets of 2min hard (1min easy), 1min hard (30sec easy), 30sec hard (30sec easy). Felt strong throughout the session. thought I would struggle through the RPM class that evening but I was surprised how good i felt when the second class started. managed to push myself to the point where i almost passed out and fell off the bike. great stuff.

saturday and sunday: and that was ALL...
woke up late in the morning to the surprise that my legs were feeling great. unfortunately sleeping in and with soccer coaching responsibilities meant that i had missed my run for the day. after soccer we headed up to newcastle for my mother-in-laws graduation.

sunday we were still in newcastle and i was feeling sicker than ever. another no run day to end the week.

No comments: