Thursday, March 25, 2010

friday...?

taking an easy day yesterday seems to have somehow sapped all of my energy. what it did do though was leave my legs feeling great. i was under the assumption that with plenty of good, fresh food going into my body and an easy/short day on my legs the energy to go long and/or harder today would be there when called upon. seems to be a misconception and this is definitely starting to become the pattern - an easy rest day leaving me feeling tired and lifeless the following day when a quality session is planned. does anyone have any thoughts on replacing the short easy days with long easy endurance days for recovery? might be worth exploring...

today's training:

am) sleep

pm) 40-odd mins easy run (jog?)

late pm) quality run session if energy levels return (if not will substitute with a spin on the bike).

No comments: