Wednesday, March 24, 2010

no ego thursday

the ego cried out for mileage but i took the smarter option and went for the recovery day option. first up hit the bike for 35mins and felt nice and relaxed spinning the legs over. the urge to run was strong but i listened to my head rather than my body. also had to be at work early...

over the next few hours before lunch my legs were screaming at me "can we please go out and run a little longer than what you have in mind for us - how about 90 minutes?" but when the time came around i was strong of will and stopped with a single loop of the river and completed the run feeling great and wanting to run more.

hopefully the recovery day will help me put out a good long effort tomorrow. if not i'll just go with my typical moderate to hard everyday approach, zero structure plan.

today's training:

am) 35min easy bike

pm) 40min easy run (9k) - loop around river w/ side street extension

No comments: